If you haven’t already….listen to our episode here!
You give an academic one simple task:
We asked Zach to do a bit of research on education and congress people!
Here is what he found:
From the Congressional Research Service, the 2018 congress looks like:
- 18 Members of the House have no educational degree beyond a high school diploma;
- eight Members of the House have associate’s degrees as their highest degrees; (3.34%)
- 100 Members of the House and 21 Senators earned a master’s degree as their
- highest attained degrees;
- 167 Members of the House (37.8% of the House) and 55 Senators (55% of the Senate) hold law degrees;
- 22 Representatives and 2 Senators have doctoral (Ph.D., D.Phil., Ed.D., or D. Min) degrees; and
- Three Senators and 11 Representatives have M.D. degrees, 1 Senator has an O.D. (Doctor of Optometry) degree (John Boozman), 4 Representatives have D.D.S. (doctor of dental surgery) degrees, and 3 Representatives have D.V.M. (doctor of veterinary medicine) degrees. One of the Representatives has both an M.D. and a D.V.M. degree. 7 have PhDs. One of the Representatives counted here resigned from Congress in February 2017.
- 18 Members of the House and 3 Senators have medical degrees
After Donald Trump was elected many scientists, educators, and researchers, came together for the “March for Science” and have become compelled to run. Check out this article from Inside Higher Ed for more info!
Our interview with Hallie Thompson:
Rachel and Kristen sat down to talk to Hallie Thompson about her run for Missouri’s 4thDistrict! If you want to know more about Hallie check out her webpage or click over to her Blazers & Flag Pins podcast as she talks about what it is like to run!
This episode’s self-care was brought to you by Rachel! Rachel likes to draw for fun and convinced Zach and Kristen to try!
We thank you all for listening!!