How to Survive the Holidays!
Final Episode for season 1….
I heard somewhere that most podcasts don’t make it past the 7th (I think?) episode. Well lucky for you guys, we are over-achievers! 11 episodes?!?!
We are heading full speed ahead to holiday gatherings… where everyone will ask how school is… and how your indoctrination into the liberal propaganda machine is going (oh the occasional joys of living in a red state).
Here are some of our tips!
- Remember that you are not JUST in college. Try not to take it too personally when someone doesn’t understand what you are experiencing.
- Just because other people do not understand your work and how you spend your time, does not mean you are spending your time unwisely or that the work you do is invalid.
- Some people DO want to know… don’t shut everyone out.
- Think of questions as people just wanting to know about how you are, but don’t know what to say/ask.
- It’s always great to have a buffer… a sibling with a PhD, a partner, a dog, a child… etc.
- Know you can take a time out when you need too.
- It is exhausting balancing separate spheres for some of us. AKA…the clashing of the spears…Britney and Jamie!
- Don’t let yourself be baited if you don’t feel like it. Tip from Kristen: Just say… “Oh I disagree/agree, but I do not want to debate right now.” Just keep saying, “I do not want to debate right now” over and over.
- You are not being held captive… you CAN leave.
- It’s OK to not go home… No shame if you need to take time for yourself.
You guys mean so much to us!
We wish you so much love and luck this winter break!
We want to give a heartfelt thank you to anyone listening. It really means a lot to us. In many ways doing this podcast is OUR self-care.
We all like each other still!!!
We have some BIG changes for next season!